The Help You Need From an Experienced Tucson Criminal Defense Lawyer
Being charged with a crime can be a confusing and frightening experience. The key to protecting your rights and your future is knowing who to turn to for knowledgeable advice and protective legal representation. Obtaining the advice of an experienced criminal defense lawyer can make all the difference in minimizing the potential penalties stemming from criminal charges.
My name is Patrick Alan Moran, and I have worked as a criminal defense lawyer in Arizona since 2000. As a criminal defense attorney, I use my extensive criminal defense background to protect the rights of clients in the Tucson and greater Pima County area. Using my knowledge and experience, I work diligently to find satisfactory resolutions to your criminal charges, often reducing or even eliminating your penalties altogether.
College student charged with a crime? College and university students may face disciplinary proceedings before the criminal case is resolved. I frequently represent Pima County college students in criminal matters, and my representation is sensitive to their needs relating to minimizing college disciplinary action.
If you have been charged with a crime, I can help. Contact my office online or call 520-740-1802 to schedule a free consultation to discuss your case.
Criminal Defense Against a Number of Charges
My criminal defense background allows me to offer confident representation against various criminal charges, including:
- Traffic tickets and moving violations: Ranging from speeding tickets to reckless or aggressive driving, my experience allows me to defend your driving privileges, regardless of severity. My representation is designed to reduce or eliminate penalties from traffic citations, as well as appealing suspensions from the Motor Vehicle Division (MVD).
- Motor Vehicle Division sanctions: I represent clients in administrative license suspension hearings and help individuals apply for driver's license reinstatement.
- DUI/DWI/drunk driving: Drunk driving charges have long-lasting effects after a DUI conviction. Arizona law requires stiff penalties for individuals convicted of even a first offense DUI. Using proven defense strategies, I fight to limit the damage caused by DUI charges, including the amount of fines paid, length of driver's license suspension and possible jail time.
- Domestic violence: Domestic violence allegations are serious. These charges can include assault, disorderly conduct, trespassing, criminal damage and violating a protection order. A conviction for a domestic violence-related charge can have long-ranging effects, including the loss of right to carry a firearm, extensive counseling requirements, probation, fines and jail time. You may also have trouble finding or maintaining employment, and an arrest or conviction can also affect a divorce or child custody. My experience in domestic violence proceedings allows me to provide defense against these charges in an attempt to limit the possible damage to your future.
- Minor in possession of alcohol or drugs, including other underage alcohol or drug offenses: I have extensive experience defending against charges involving underage drinking, drug possession and other underage alcohol or drug offenses. There are many possible penalties other than court fines, probation and jail time. There may also be college disciplinary action and Motor Vehicle Division sanctions that could affect your education and your privilege to drive. I work diligently to find favorable resolutions to your case by limiting or eliminating potential fines, probation, jail time and university or Motor Vehicle penalties.
Contact my office online or call 520-740-1802 today to discuss your case in a free consultation.